For some, Halloween is the best time of the year. Can you blame them? Even the cookies like to dress up in costumes.
Here is a recipe for Double Dark Chocolate Mummy Cookies. Beware, they’re dangerously delicious!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Candy eyeballs
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Piping bag or a zip-top plastic bag
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a thick cookie dough forms. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of cookie dough and roll them into balls. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each one. Flatten the dough slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set. They will continue to firm up as they cool. Remove from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Transform your cookies into mummies –
- Once the cookies are completely cool, use melted white chocolate chips to create mummy bandages. You can do this by drizzling the melted white chocolate across each. Be creative with your design.
- While the white chocolate is still slightly soft, gently press candy eyeballs into the "bandages" to create mummy eyes. You can use two candy eyeballs for each cookie.
- Let the white chocolate set and harden, which will hold the candy eyeballs in place.
Serve and enjoy your spooky treat!